World Hypertension Day Fun Run (WHDFR) 2013 will be held in Setia Eco Park, Shah Alam. Organized by Malaysian Society of Hypertension (MSH) through Kelab Rekreasi Sukan Eduport (KRSE) and supported by Bandar Eco Setia Sdn Bhd, the developer of Setia Eco Park as the venue sponsor; WHDFR 2013 shall be an event that promotes healthy activities within the community as one of the means towards a healthy lifestyle. WHDFR 2013 will bring excitement to the community by having the involvement of sports industries and various related parties. The event will include 5 km race, free health screening and blood pressure check, health talk by renowned speaker, sports demonstrations and many more.
World Hypertension Day Fun Run 2013 (WHDFR 2013)
When : Saturday, 18 May 2013
Time : 6:30 am - 12:00 pm
Where : Setia Eco Park, Shah Alam
The event offers 6 categories to choose from -
Category A - 5km Run - Male Open (15 - 39 years old)
Category B - 5km Run - Female Open (15 - 39 years old)
Category C - 5km Run - Male Veteran (40 years old and above)
Category D - 5km Run - Female Veteran (40 years old and above)
Category E - 5km Run - Boys (7 - 14 years old)
Category F - 5km Run - Girls (7 - 14 years old)
Dear Runners, LATEST INFO!! Race kit collection will still be held on 11-12May2013 @ Setia Eco Park- Show Room,The Canopy from 11.00 a.m to 3.00 p.m as informed earlier. Due to unforeseen circumstances we can only disburse LIMITED nos of race kit on these 2 days. We will open collection counters early on the RACE DAY 18May2013 and recommend you to collect your kits on that day.TQ
Registered participants will be offered free training for stamina building by KRSE.
At the end of the run:
There are attractive prizes to be won by the first three (3) winners of each category.
Certificate of participation will be given upon request to all registered participants and can be obtained at the Secretariat Booth on the day of the event.
The Malaysian Society of Hypertension (MSH) was officially registered under the Registrar of Society in 1993. The main aim of the society is to promote public education on hypertension, to help towards optimum control of hypertension and to encourage research and publication towards better care in the management of hypertension.
Specific Objectives of the Society are to:
- Promote basic and clinical studies and educate doctors and para-medical staffs regarding hypertension and to propagate knowledge on hypertension
- Educate the public and to be of service to all hypertensives in Malaysia and others interested in hypertension and to advise hypertensive patients to remain active and to lead a normal and useful life.
- Promote cost-effective management and control of hypertension.
- Liaise with international bodies related to hypertension and to organise educational meetings or provide services at local and regional levels.
- Compile, print, publish and distribute brochures and/or journals by experts on hypertension.
Setia Eco Park is a landmark residential development comprising of Semi-Detached Homes and Bungalows / Villas set in the heart of Klang Valley, Malaysia.
Created over nearly 800 acres, Setia Eco Park, truly encapsulates the ideals of the perfect suburban home where the essential of modern living blend seamlessly with a living landscape defined by the enduring beauty of the Bukit Cherakah Forest Reserve.
Prime Factors which make Setia Eco Park different from others :
Setia Eco Park is the recipient of the FIABCI Prix d' Excellence Best Master Plan International Award 2007 in Barcelona and recently FIABCI Prix d' Excellence Best Low-Rise Residential Development Award 2011 in Cyprus.
Locally, Setia Eco Park was the recipient of the FIABCI Malaysia Best Master Plan Award 2006 and recently the Best Low-Rise Development Award 2010
- Served by well-planned highways linking Setia Eco Park to nearby town centre within 10 minutes, Kuala Lumpur City Centre within 20 minutes and the international airport within 40 minutes
- Lowest density high-end development in Malaysia @ 3.7 units per acre
Peace of mind for the safety of your loved ones in a gated and guarded community with round the clock security. The gated community comes with state of the art security equipments such as
- Vibration and motion sensors at the perimeter fencing
- CCTV cameras equipped with infra-red sensors
Live in the 1st residential development which boasts an eco-environment where 25% of its entire development is dedicated to
- 56 acres of forest park and landscaped gardens where butterfly and bird habitat's thrive
- 96 acres of waterways, lakes and creeks where fish colonies are encouraged
- Green Street concept - all utility cables laid underground and out of sight
- An exclusive 9.5-acre stands the Setia Eco Club with sports and rejuvenation facilities, business centre with boutique offices and a F&B hub.
For more details, please log on to http://www.spsetia.com.my/setia_eco_park/pfs.htm We open from 9am to 6pm on weekdays and 10am to 6pm on weekends and public holidays.
This is where we get together and enjoy the camaraderie while encouraging each other to live a healthy lifestyle.
Eduport was established in 2012 with the aim to be center of excellence for sports and recreation that provides facilities and services to produce healthy citizen with great personality. We want to become an agent of change promoting healthy culture to community, to be an excellent source for education, knowledge and services of healthy lifestyle by organizing various sports and recreational activities that will suite people from all walks of life